Reply only visible to the post owner

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Discourse. I’m exploring Discourse for some new stuff. Does anyone know if it is possible to set all replies to a topic only visible to the topic creator? It means that others will only see how many replies to the topic and they don’t see each other’s reply. If this features is not available for the official build, I am open to any offer that can add this feature for a price.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to Meta Discourse :discourse:!

I think this plugin will help you:

It seems to be a solution to your problem:

If this is not sufficient feel free to make a topic in #marketplace.

Thanks!

3 Likes

This can be used for for instance homework assignments where the teacher opens a topic and posts an assignment, and all students make a post with their answers. When everyone has submitted their work, the teacher can open up the answers so the students will be able to discuss them.

A second use case can be an auction where something is offered for sale. People can post their bid and when the sale is done, the topic owner can reveal all bids in order to show the community that everything went according to the rules.

Thank you so much @ondrej this is exactly what I was looking for. I feel so blessed to be a member of such a great community

2 Likes

No problem! We’re happy to have you here :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.