Discourse Tab Bar for Mobile

Hi, I made a PR for adding support to the non-ASCII characters in the tab URL, would you like to take a look and see if it can be merged into the main branch?

6 Likes

Sure, PR merged! Thank you @th21!

5 Likes

Not sure whether it’s mergeable so I forked and added extra settings to display tabs for non-login-user

5 Likes

Can we add a BACK button in the tab bar, maybe a simple javascript code or something? Tab bar on Discourse Hub app iOS prevents you from going back to the main Discourse selection page.

5 Likes

@Osama any ideas to add back/forward with them? Thanks.

2 Likes

@miss @MarcP Given that the component lets admins customize each tab, I can’t just hardcode a specific tab to do backward/forward navigation so we need a way to let admins decide which tab they want to act as a backward or forward button using the theme settings. This is a new feature that needs to be added to the component and I’d be happy to accept a PR for it. If you’re interested in working on this, please PM me before you start.

3 Likes

Hi, I made another PR to add an option to allow untrimmed URL to be able to match the tab destination setting.

For example, /latest?order=created and /latest will be treated as different tabs and receive icon color change on click when the option is on.

Would you like to take a look and let me know whether it’s mergable? thx in advance. :grinning:

1 Like