Displacing a reply to a message

Hello,

Am not sure if this question has been answered somewhere (tried searching, but I saw nothing related) neither am I sure about the appropriate category.

We run a discourse forum with various categories. A user asks a question under a message that has nothing to do with his question. The right trend for his question already exists.

How do I displace his question under the right trend?

Thanks a million!

1 Like

Do you mean how can you move his post to another topic?

Assuming yes, you click the wrench to the top right of the topic, select the appropriate post and move it to an existing topic.

4 Likes

It is not actually a post, but a reply to an initial post.

Just that his reply has nothing to do with the initial post, I wanted to move it to the appropriate post in the appropriate topic.

Thanks @HAWK

3 Likes

You can use the wrench icon to do this. Click on the wrench and select the post (reply), then select Move to Existing Topic. In the field below, start typing the name of the topic and suggestions will appear as you type. When you get the correct one, select that and Move Post. You will be taken to that topic and the post you moved will appear at the bottom of the list (of posts).

4 Likes

Tanks Jim,

But it’s funny, I can’t see the Move option. Here are the options I have:

Just to be sure, we have version 2.5.0.beta6 of Discourse, can that be the source of the problem? (I mean with the fact that we lack the move option)

Thanks again

1 Like

Sorry that we weren’t clear - use the Topic wrench, not the Post wrench.

3 Likes