Display locked category but not it's content

AI-generated summary

Display locked category but not its content

The discussion revolves around the desire to display locked subcategories without showing their content. Jarjar wants users to see the existence of restricted subcategories, even if they don’t have access to the content. Lilly suggested a theme component, but nathank confirmed it only works for categories and not subcategories. Jarjar emphasized the need for this feature, especially since default view shows all categories and subcategories, and wants users to see restricted subcategories regardless of their access. A feature request has been suggested by Lilly.

Hey guys,

Maybe I’m missing something but is there a way for people to see the locked sub category of a category but not it’s content so they see that the sub categories exist, they just don’t have access it it or it’s content.

Cause at the moment if they don’t have access to it they can’t even see it exist.

1 Like

Maybe try this theme component to see if it works for your use case:

4 Likes

I’m afraid that only works for categories, and then only if the user is using the Categories view (not for the sidebar navigation or other places in the UI).

Personally, I’d love to be able to advertise the existence of a Category or subcategory without access to the content, and without doing so manually.

2 Likes

Yea I wasn’t sure if that one would work for their case, I just know it has a lot of configuration. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. will move to feature request…

1 Like

Yep it’s like Nathan said, I need it for sub categories.
All my categories are visible to everyone but some of the subcategories are restricted access.
Default view I set show all the categories and subcategories.

I want people to see that those sub categories are here even though they don’t have access to it’s content.

Basically I want people to see it like that no matter the access they have.
I’m surprised it’s not possible per default

1 Like