Docker problem after machine restart

(Clay Heaton) #1

I had to reboot the machine I have Discourse running on to replace a bad graphics card. However, Discourse won’t restart. When I try ./launcher restart app from within /var/discourse, I see:

clay@machine:/var/discourse$ ./launcher restart app
+ /usr/bin/docker stop -t 10 app
app

starting up existing container
+ /usr/bin/docker start app
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container app: Bind for 0.0.0.0:9999 failed: port is already allocated
Error: failed to start containers: [app]

When I docker ps -a it looks like:

clay@machine:/var/discourse$ docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS                        PORTS                                        NAMES
1784278bfaa7        local_discourse/app   "/sbin/boot"        4 weeks ago         Exited (143) 18 minutes ago                                                app                 
fdfe02391dc0        local_discourse/app   "/sbin/runit"       12 months ago       Up 10 minutes                 0.0.0.0:2222->22/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9999->80/tcp   tender_mayer        
72e1859eb261        hello-world           "/hello"            12 months ago       Exited (0) 12 months ago                                                   hopeful_kirch 

That sort of makes it look like an old version of Discourse is running?

What’s going on here? How can I get Discourse up and running again? All was fine before I shut down and rebooted.

"Ensure sidekiq is running." when it is definitely running
(Clay Heaton) #2

Ok - I just stopped the “old” discourse and started the proper one with ./launcher start app. What was that ‘old’ discourse and how do I make sure that doesn’t happen again?

(Kane York) #3

Well… it probably won’t. Any real clues we might have had as to why are probably gone by now. If it happens again, that’s when we need to worry.