Email restriction

How to restrict the email’s from community to community members 5 a day.

Regards

Trust level zero members have a restriction like that you can look at the trust level settings. So you mean limit topics or posts?

What is your use case to limit topics?

Hey @pfaffman my problem is all my users are getting 20 email notification a day for every new posts. So I would like to reduce that per day number of email notification to 5.

Hi @Kaulin_Shyam :slightly_smiling_face:

They should be able to tweak their notifications settings for the topics or categories that they don’t want as many notifications about. Have they got a lot set to Watching?

2 Likes

You don’t want to keep people from posting. You need to change your notifications. Did you set defaults for making little watch categories or something like that? Every email has a link to reduce those notifications.

Do you have mailing list mode enabled?

Having people posting is what you need to make your community grow. If you don’t want people to post then why have a community?

I think it’s a question about email notifications? People can still post without those. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think so too, which is why I asked about mailing list mode and pointed out that it’s easy for people to turn off notifications (unless mailing list mode is on).

But there is the max emails per day per user site setting. I think that’s what you’re looking for @Kaulin_Shyam. Sorry I bumbled my first couple of responses!

But the reall problem, I think, is that I somehow misread “emails” to mean “post” rather than “notifications”. Sorry about that. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.