"enable inline onebox on all domains" = true, but no onebox

I have allowed onebox for all domains:

So where is the onebox? The link does not have a leading space or any other weirdness that I can see.

1 Like

I think inline oneboxing is when a link is on the line, such as Robinhood Fined $1.25 Million Over How It Routed Customer Orders - Bloomberg.

Anyhow, it appears that link doesn’t share meta-data in a way that onebox can read:

1 Like

Try testing it with the http://debug.iframely.com/ tester

Note that inline onebox applies when the link is NOT on a line by itself.

3 Likes

That’s useful. Framely shows a title, description, thumbnail, etc., so the site must be serving the necessary metadata.

I don’t understand inline vs. regular onebox. Regardless, shouldn’t I see some sort of box/preview?

1 Like

Out of curiosity I rebuilt maiki’s post above to see if it would now show the correct onebox info for each, and it does indeed. :partying_face: It’s now a much better example of both inline and regular oneboxes.

An inline onebox is one where a link within a block of text is automatically converted into a nice readable title (the first one). Whereas a regular onebox must be a link on a line all by itself, which generates the special box with all the extra info and image in (the second one).

2 Likes