Enable shared edits gives internal server error message

The nginx access log says "212.229.85.68 - milkii [26/May/2023:00:23:51 +0000] “PUT /shared_edits/p/20/enable.json HTTP/2.0” 500 46 “https://x.xxxxxxxxx.x/t/shared-editing-test-thread/15” “Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/113.0”

I’m relatively new to Discourse but not bad at sysadmin. Any advise? Might I be missing something? Thanks!

1 Like

Is there more detail in the /logs, or possibly in your browser console when you perform the action?

And can you share a list of other plugins you have installed?

2 Likes

Ah, there is an error;

ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid (PG::UndefinedTable: ERROR:  relation "shared_edit_revisions" does not exist
LINE 8:  WHERE a.attrelid = '"shared_edit_revisions"'::regclass
                            ^
)
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:387:in `block in with_resolved_locale'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:387:in `with_resolved_locale'
lib/middleware/omniauth_bypass_middleware.rb:71:in `call'
lib/content_security_policy/middleware.rb:12:in `call'
lib/middleware/anonymous_cache.rb:361:in `call'
config/initializers/100-quiet_logger.rb:23:in `call'
config/initializers/100-silence_logger.rb:31:in `call'
lib/middleware/enforce_hostname.rb:23:in `call'
lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:198:in `call'

Failed to handle exception in exception app middleware : PG::UndefinedTable: ERROR:  relation "shared_edit_revisions" does not exist
LINE 8:  WHERE a.attrelid = '"shared_edit_revisions"'::regclass
1 Like

discourse-calendar
discourse-checklist
discourse-fontawesome-pro
discourse-footnote
ldap
discourse-shared-edits
discourse-spoiler-alert
styleguide

There is also the log error

Job exception: PG::UndefinedTable: ERROR:  relation "discourse_calendar_post_event_dates" does not exist
LINE 8:  WHERE a.attrelid = '"discourse_calendar_post_event_dates"':...
                            ^
1 Like

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t have those? Is this a standard install?

It may be worth trying a ./launcher rebuild app to see if that smooths things out. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

No, sorry for not specifying, I installed Discourse through the turnkey method that YunoHost uses.

GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh: Discourse package for YunoHost is the YH repo for Discourse integration.

I followed the plugin install instructions at GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh: Discourse package for YunoHost

I’ve created an issue over there, because I’m guessing installing an official plugin should be fairly simple, and it’s their method will be incorrect in some way. Internal server error when trying to use shared edits · Issue #151 · YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh · GitHub

Thanks you your help anyhow.

P.S. There is no ./launcher with the install via YunoHost.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with this method (and only the standard install is officially supported), but it looks like it ships with an out of date Stable version:

Shipped version: 2.8.13~ynh1

If you can, you may want to try a standard install instead so you can take advantage of all the latest plugins and features. :+1: (and access more support from people here :slight_smile:)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.