End user pre-approval queue experience can be much improved

This is what happens now.

If you make a new post:

Possible improvements:

1. “Delete” by end user require no confirmation. 1 click and it is deleted forever with no undo.

2. No way of “editing” once in review queue, you must delete and re-post

3. “Awaiting approval” posts do not display full context (what they are in-reply-to)

4. We do not link you to the place where you can see all pending posts: (not a hyperlink to activity)

5. Admin area links to “top post” in the topic, not to what you just replied to, or to end of topic.

I would say we made a lot of progress since I first brought this up, however I would not like to close this prior to:

• Adding a confirm OR undo for delete
  • Linking “2 posts pending” to user activity, so you can easily find them.
  • Showing what something is in reply to in the paper trail
  • Improving linking so it takes you to the post, not to the first thing in the topic.

Edit, is a fine stretch goal, it is somewhat tricky cause there are race conditions.

I guess we need to decide how much we want to gold plate the feature, I feel we should give it 1 more week of dev time and then close this off, do all the easy very clear wins.

Also from an admin perspective, I always find it really hard to decide what to do with a post that needs approval, cause I lack context in the approval queue.

Specifically I have seen spam bots cut and pasted a reply and change a word or 2 and just post it again. It seems reasonable without context, but as soon as you visit the topic and get context you can see what they just pulled off. I guess it may make sense to add support approval directly from the topic, that way you can approve a post in the place where people replied if you seek a lot more context. This though can clearly wait.

2 Likes