"Ensure sidekiq is running." when it is definitely running

@neil

It turns out that this also seems to be leading to Discourse not checking Gmail for “reply by email” posts. It’s definitely sending out emails, though…

Is there a way I can force Discourse to check for reply-by-email messages? Or test to see where/how that is failing? I’m very eager to fix this Sidekiq problem, but not sure what to do… backup Discourse, totally wipe it clean, and start fresh by restoring the backup?

Any other troubleshooting suggestions? We’ve worked very hard to get buy in from internal people who aren’t used to communicating in this manner and it’s backfiring now that their email replies aren’t being posted as they expected.

p.s. Clearly my understanding of Sidekiq is poor… now that I look on the Scheduler tab, I can see that none of the recurring jobs are running, probably because Jobs::RunHeartbeat is not running. I get a message that it is “Forbidden” to try to trigger them manually.

I’m thinking that this is related. I tried the Sidekiq fix, but so far nothing is happening.