Enter safe mode issue

(Daniela) #1

I noticed it yesterday on my forum (1.8.0 beta 5) but Meta and Try have the same issue (see the gif, please)

tested with Firefox and Chrome.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

A safe mode that disables nothing isn’t a safe mode it’s the normal site.

(Daniela) #3

Yes, but it doesn’t work in my site too https://forum.adunanza.net (and I have third party plugins and customizations).

I’ve tried with another forum, https://iunctis.fr (beta 7) and I know @Steven use third party plugins and personal customizations.

Same results, safe mode don’t “enter”

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #4

Why you unchecked all boxes?

(Daniela) #5

I should not do it? :thinking:

Sorry I don’t understand.
For what I remember when I tried it in the past I unchecked all the 3 boxes without problems. (ver. 1.7.0).

Something is change in ver. 1.8.0 relative to safe mode?

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Do you feel this is a bug @sam?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #7

Every check box disables one thing. Example: If you check only the last it will disable all plugins.

If no box is checked, there is nothing to disable.

(Daniela) #8

OMG, I feel so stupid, you’re right. I don’t know why I want to uncheck the boxes instead click only the button.
:flushed:

(Jeff Atwood) #9

I still think this is a flaw in the UI. It’s causing support requests, and it’s not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned…

(Daniela) #10

I don’t know what I was thinking…but, yes, it can be unclear.
I think if users must add the flags to disable somenthing is more simple to understand.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

Perhaps simple inversion here is best, I agree with @trash – that would be fairly easy @sam?

(Mittineague) #12

Alternatively or in addition to, if the button were disabled unless at least one was checked I think it would be near impossible for anyone to not understand.

(Sam Saffron) #14

Simplest fix here imo is an error screen if nothing is selected explaining what this means. Not selecting anything (or selecting everything if we invert) is an error condition, so I will just add handling for it.

(Sam Saffron) #15

I think this will have to do for now

(Jeff Atwood) #16

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.