Error when clicking on Billing in user profile

Hi folks!

I have the subscriptions plugin up and running smoothly so far on a self-hosted discourse which I’m about to launch, however I just happened across the Billing tab and figured I should check what that looks like. I’d signed up myself but using a 100% off coupon so I think I should have something to see there.

When I go to the billing tab, I get an error message, then when I click try again, I’m seeing a warning that there was an error loading route due to the whos online plugin.

Screencast: Watch - Screencastify

I’m not sure how to go about troubleshooting this, might be a quick fix but thought someone here might know!

Using:
Discourse version 3.4.0.beta3-dev
Subscriptions version 2.8.1
Whos online version 2.0

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Hi,

sorry to hear your troubles, but I suspect we might have fixed it last week, but its not yet deployed to your instance. Can you try to disable your ad-block if you have any and see if it works please?

Thanks for the speedy response, I’m not using any ad blocking tools.

1 Like

Thanks Ruth, is this still persisting, I just kicked off another deploy of your site in case it fixes it. (should be live in 20 mins)

If it is still persisting let us know, we will get it sorted.

@RCheesley I decided to try a real subscription and it works fine. I have also been able to cancel it.

Let me know if you see another issue. Maybe it’s something related to the 100% coupon? But I can confirm that people can subscribe.

3 Likes

I don’t know, it’s weird - I still can’t access the billings tab - this is what I see:

I guess it could be an issue if I wanted to upgrade perhaps, or just see when I signed up etc.

1 Like

I tried installing the whos-online plugin locally along with the subscription plugin but I currently can’t replicate this.

Could you try disabling the whos-online plugin and see if that makes a difference? Just trying to track down where the issue might be.

1 Like

I did try that too, and I didn’t get the error about that being the cause of it, but I still got the error message.

Ruth

2 Likes

I’m still having a hard time replicating this locally, so could you show me what you have in your browser console when loading that page? Maybe it will have something useful in it.

The network tab for “subscriptions” should look something like this:

with a response of:

Then can you also post your console tab? There may be several yellow warnings, but I’m mostly interested if there are any red errors:

I’m also curious if the admin subscription page loads? You can visit this url /admin/plugins/discourse-subscriptions/products and then click on the subscriptions tab.