Events Plugin 📆

I feel like an idiot but I can’t get this to work. On the Pavilion site when I start a topic I see:

On my site I see:

How do I get Add Event button to appear?

I have these settings selected:

I must be missing something really stupid but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. I’m using a stock theme with no components added.

1 Like

You’re not an idiot; we need to improve the docs :slight_smile:

Have you enabled events in the category you’re trying to post in?

5 Likes

Do you mean this?

I can’t start any topics in this category because it requires an event and I can’t figure out how to add one. But I also have Allow events to be added to topics in all categories. selected and can’t add events in any category.

On the plus side it works really nicely as a sidebar:

1 Like

@fzngagan can you help @smrtey? Looks like a post-migration issue.

2 Likes

I read this and think I got it working. I’ll try to figure out what I had to do.

I just un-selected all the Options under Category > Settings > Events and then re-selected them and then it worked.

What’s still confusing is that in the Site Settings I have:
events enabled: Allow events to be added to topics in all categories. selected

But I can only add events in Categories in which I also have Category > Settings > Events
Allow events to be added to topics in this category (overrides site setting). selected as well.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same problem. This might be caused by upgrading from Discourse 2.4.0 to 2.5.0.beta1 (0903aa44bb) since it was working for me before.

Bug report created here: Subscribe button does not work anymore. - Bug Reports - Pavilion

1 Like

I’ll have a look at this today.

2 Likes

I’ve just installed this plugin and I’m not sure how to work it properly.

When I create a new ‘Event’ (I created a new category), it simply creates a new topic like any other Discourse topic.

How to I link this to the ‘Agenda’ and ‘Calendar’ features of your plugin please?

2 Likes

Ah, I can see this was answered above.

I needed to select ‘Allow Events’ in the category settings.

2 Likes

The settings for this plugin are in the admin settings and in category settings. Have you enabled events there? You’ll know it’s working when you edit an existing topic and see the button to add/edit event details. You can’t add event details when you first create the topic.

2 Likes

Yes that’s it :+1:
And then you’ll have some place in the upper right side of the composer to choose a date/time for your topic

1 Like

Thanks! How do I get the ‘Add Location’ button, to show a map?

1 Like

Is there a way to change ‘Agenda’ text on navbar to ‘Events’ - for consistency?

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s another plugin:
https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations

2 Likes

Yes, you’d have to search for agenda in the tab personnaliser (in french, not sure of the translation, between group and api) / text

1 Like

I’m getting there!

Another question please. Is there a setting to display events in ‘Agenda’ mode so that those events that are happening closest to ‘now’ date appear at the top of the page?

1 Like

Hum… I believe that’s what agenda does…
But there might be a bug

it still works in sub categories though (2.4.0.beta10 and latest commit of events i think)

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve run into a problem with the Event plugin not working anymore. First I updated my instance to latest 2.5 beta in docker. I noticed the app.yml git url needed to be updated to paviliondev and then successfully rebuilt the container. No issues popped up as far as I can tell, and I am still not able to create events. I do see Discourse Event plugin 0.1 displayed as installed. Any ideas?

If I should move this to a new thread, just let me know.

1 Like

Hi Sunjam, I think Tobias has the solution :

2 Likes

If you rebuilt the container you should have the latest commit , which work with 2.0.5 beta2 (at least until ( 8ae472bc41 ) :wink: ), and in parameters tab, yes 0.1 is the current version.

Have you tried this one ?

4 Likes