Events Plugin 📆

That absolutely worked! Thank you, you are a discourse god! Just need to check each category and re-apply as needed.

2 Likes

:+1:, but… far from it :sweat_smile: I’ve quite recently discovered this very impressive work and like it very much (and also the work of the team of Pavilion - Building online communities. )

2 Likes

Just a note that the FA icon calendar needs to be updated to use calendar-alt and calendar-plus-o with far-calendar-plus

4 Likes

What does this setting do?

events event label no text

❑ No text on add event buttons.

1 Like

I was testing adding an event to a topic and now I can’t figure out how to manually remove the event date and time. Can someone tell me how to remove the date/time so this topic is no longer an event?

1 Like

You have to edit the title of the topic then the event and you should find “delete” at the bottom of the modal

2 Likes

I found it! Thank you good sir!

For some reason i’m getting a 500 error though :disappointed: (Could it have something to do with the fact that I added an event time/date, when it was in a different category… and i moved it to the current category, where i just tried to delete it.)

Here’s what just happened:

2 Likes

Well… :sweat_smile:…
Looks like a small regression, it doesn’t work here either …
Weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Hi @angus @fzngagan, I try to report it at Pavilion but i’m not sure if the wizard is working
it cycles here :

2.5.0.beta2 and latest commit of events, I have that in the log :

Message (2 copies reported)

NoMethodError (undefined method []' for nil:NilClass) /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-events/plugin.rb:274:in block (2 levels) in activate!’

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-events/plugin.rb:274:in block (2 levels) in activate!' /var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:441:in block (2 levels) in update_topic’
/var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:439:in each' /var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:439:in block in update_topic’
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activerecord-6.0.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:279:in transaction' /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activerecord-6.0.1/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:212:in transaction’
/var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:438:in update_topic' /var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:338:in revise’
/var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:331:in revise_and_create_new_version' /var/www/discourse/lib/post_revisor.rb:236:in revise_post’

4 Likes

@Benjamin_D Thanks for the report. That wizard will work again now. @jord8on I’ve also fixed the events issue.

cc @fzngagan see https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-events/commit/a5340f6eb32037149065dddcbb988db05e7bbe48

6 Likes

All good on my end, now! Thanks for the quick fix!!

2 Likes

Hello!

Does this plugin automatically generate the json+ld tags (or other meta tags) that allow google and other search engines to parse the event data on each post?

2 Likes

Has anyone tried adding a Subscribe button to their agenda view?

1 Like

It’s strange, but this doesn’t work for me.

I have events enabled in admin:

I created a new category and set “allow events” there too:

I created a test post. Then I edited it and I do not see any “add to calendar” button (except for the default Discourse date icon) :thinking:

@angus

4 Likes

It doesn’t yet. But its a good suggestion. Can you add a feature request here?
https://thepavilion.io/w/feature-request/steps/step_1

2 Likes

Hi,

I am unable to edit an event once posted in the edit topic window.

Please help

Facing the same issue on sandbox as well here: test Topic event - Sandbox - Pavilion

2 Likes

Have you tried editing the thread title as opposed to the first post?

i.e. click on the pencil next to the title of the post.

It should give you access to the event plugin details.

1 Like

Hi @bletch,

Thank you for the tip. It worked!

And now I feel so stupid on overlooking this one :ok_woman:

3 Likes

You weren’t the first, and you won’t be the last.

I find it counter-intuitive if I’m honest but I can see the technical rationale behind it.

3 Likes

Is there an issue with the plugin at the moment? I have installed the plugin and made sure it was ticked in the plugin settings but it doesn’t show up when I create a new topic.
All of my other plugins are issue free

In the same boat as this guy

2 Likes