Events Plugin 📆

@rdprickett Hasn’t been the day for the Custom Wizard Plugin! That issue is also fixed now. Thanks for your patience.

7 Likes

Thanks @angus and @tobiaseigen for your help, I was able to submit those ideas!

7 Likes

Is it normal behavior to serve a 404 error when what I assume is the subcategory.id at the end of the url is removed ?
I think it breaks the default appearance with the events plugin
on 2.4.0.beta8 (76f676879c)
worked fine with 2.4.0.beta7
maybe something changed here :
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/374534f00ee487d859fc2b826ea519befe0da350

2 Likes

that might do the trick, many thanks
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/8555
update: :disappointed_relieved: nope still broken as of (44612f900e)

2 Likes

This seems to have stopped working sometime after August 22 2019 on my instance.

3 Likes

Okay this is a noob question. I have installed Events plugin. How do i create an event? Creating a topic?

Is there any basic documentation out there to see the functionalities of events plugin?

2 Likes

You need to enable Allow events to be added to topics in this category setting in the category.

Then you’ll see a Add Event button in the composer while adding a new topic.

3 Likes

Please submit the issue here
https://thepavilion.io/w/bug-report/

1 Like

Still works on our dev/production instances fine.
You can see https://thepavilion.io

1 Like

it might be related to this one:

1 Like

cant work out if i’m being stupid or not.

i can’t get the calendar to show at all.

steps:

• turned on everything i could see here related to making it show
  • turned off all other plugins and theme components
  • uninstalled and reinstalled it

still seeing nothing.

(same with ‘voting’ off)

is there anything else i’m missing?

1 Like

One thing to check - you cannot add event details as you add a topic. You can only add the event details after saving the topic and then editing it.

I don’t know if the other interfaces will start showing up until there is an event in the system.

You likely also need to do a hard refresh in your web browser to reload the app.

4 Likes

i still can’t see anything relating to a calendar. whats the direct url for a calendar overview in a category with one activated? it might be working but the buttons aren’t showing in both locations for some reason.

also, it shows version 0.1, and there is no settings button in the plugin section. is that correct?

1 Like

No idea. Sorry to hear you continue to have trouble. Maybe try submitting a Bug Report at pacilion.io, the folks who maintain this plugin.

1 Like

This is a great little plugin; I’ve only just discovered it.

I need to communicate with those who are going to some events (ie PM or email); and occasionally make a group from those who are going.

While I can see the guest list, I can’t see a way to ‘grab’ it. Is there a way to do this, or is this a feature request?

2 Likes

Perhaps you are also being deceived by this bug? Try enabling events for individual categories.

3 Likes

I’m sorry if this has been brought up before (this topic is huuge!), but I can’t get the subscribe button to work. I’ve read the comments about permissions, but my category is public (everyone can create/reply/see).

This is how it looks like in my community:

Based on the example sandbox it should show the URLs too, right? Plus, the sandbox shows a RSS icon beside the “Subscribe” button, how can I enable that too?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m facing the same issue. Example event: 8º Spa de Jogos - Jogatinas - Compara Jogos

My Config

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey,

I’m not 100% sure if this is the correct thread for this.
If I want to open the /calendar.json?order=default route I get a 500 server error with this error message:

Error while processing route: discovery.calendar

I’m on 2.4.0.beta10

(3a906ff0e6)

Thank you.

EDIT:

This solved it for me: Error 500 after updating to latest version of Events - #13 by tobiaseigen - Bug Reports - Pavilion

1 Like

thanks. i got it solved, with help from the Pavillion team who created this, over on their forum. The issue was that it wasn’t working if it was set to work universally in the admin section, and also on an individual category. The two conflicted.

I’m unsure if that’s an issue everyone will have, or perhaps just a conflict with one of our other plugins causing it. Anyway if someone else has this issue, try turning off all calendar settings in the admin area and then set them on a category by category basis.

2 Likes