Events Plugin šŸ“†

This bug has been resolved @agungor. Thank you for reporting it!

1 Like

Amazing. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I am having a similar issue to this, and wondering if I need to fix through CSS. I have a dark and light theme on my forum - just added this plugin and the Add Event button for new topics has no colour (the entire button and text match the background colour) until you hover.

What CSS do I add to make the calendar look like this? Its very nice looking. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to add the Calendar and the Agenda on the same page?

Calendar first, and below it is the Agenda?

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the same idea and presented it to the Pavilion team a couple of months ago. Not sure where they are at with it though.

1 Like

I did a round of updates this week, and noticed that for our site the Calendar button has returned, but not the Agenda button. Is that expected or completely by coincidence? :slight_smile:

Actually, I rebuilt the app container again today (I was adding another plugin) and now I see them both - I hope they stick around, but for now at least the issue seems fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup - it has been fully addressed:

2 Likes

Hey,

i do have some issue hereā€¦ and i dont know whyā€¦ (iā€™ve just installed the plugin today)

if i create an event with :

[event start=ā€œ2023-03-27 19:30ā€ status=ā€œpublicā€ name=ā€œKK Diskurs Q&A - IT Workshopā€ timezone=ā€œEurope/Berlinā€ end=ā€œ2023-03-27 23:30ā€ allowedGroups=ā€œtrust_level_0ā€]
[/event]

It shows this:

the times are wrongā€¦
settings areā€¦

events timezone default

(GMT+01:00) Berlin

Standard Zeitzone fĆ¼r Veranstaltungen.

events timezone display

Event timezone, if set and different from default timezone.

Timezone used to display event times in.

How can i fix it? I dont get it yetā€¦

Thank you for any help <3

I believe the plugin you are using is Discourse Event [1] rather than the Pavilion Events Plugin, which this thread is about. :blush:

1. ā†©ļøŽ

ā€¦aaawww :rofl: - could beā€¦ sorry :pray:

1 Like

Thanks @nathank thatā€™s great.

New question! I have an event in UTC-3 which has raised a question about display timezones. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there an option to display events in the local userā€™s timezone (if set)? I can see that this is used for event creation, but for display it only has variants on ā€œdefaultā€ or ā€œevent timezoneā€.

Iā€™d be happy with using ā€œEvent timezone if setā€ but that also applies to the calendar view which does not display tz. We have events in many zones, so that would get very confusing if we set it. Being able to view the agenda/calendar in my timezone would make more sense but I canā€™t see an option for it (apart from downloading the ical to my external calendar, of course)

Iā€™m pretty sure that is what you get if you set ā€˜defaultā€™. My understanding is that each user gets their own default, i.e. usually their timezone. Of course, they may have set a weird timezone.

Why not just put the local time of the event prominently in the post body, making it clear that is what it is?

Yes :slight_smile:

@RGJ is Pavilionā€™s product lead on the release of v2 of the Events Plugin which will include this plugin and a number of other improvements.

We actually (just today) got our final report card from the EUā€™s DAPSI program for our work on this plugin.

Criterion 1 ā€“ Business Evaluation Score (0,00 ā€“ 20,00) 17
Criterion 2 - Technical Evaluation Score (0,00 ā€“ 50,00) 40
Criterion 3 ā€“ Assistance Trainings Score (0,00 ā€“ 10,00) 10
Criterion 4 ā€“ Participation in Final Event Score (0,00-20,00) 20
TOTAL Score (0,00-100,00) 87

Needless to say, weā€™re pretty excited about launching v2 of the Events Plugin with all of this work included!

10 Likes

Still hoping for November 2022 release :innocent:

1 Like

Hey @Nick_Tomlinson please reach out to us here

2 Likes

Hey Angus, I filled in the Wizard form at coop.pavilion.tech/w/discourse-events-integration-early-access last week. But nothing happened subsequently.

Was I meant to get access to something?

Iā€™d really like to discuss stuff about how events might work as Iā€™ve got a pretty solid use-case that I fear will fall outside the current scope.

1 Like

Hey @nathank,

There was a bug on the form which weā€™ve since fixed. Sorry about that!

If you fill it out again weā€™ll get back to you. Excited to hear about your use case.

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid that Iā€™m getting this when I try to redo the form:

1 Like