Events Plugin 📆

Hello! :slight_smile:

Can I just confirm:

• You’re using this plugin https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-events
  • Your slow load times are only on your calendar and not also on other pages in your forum?

Could you also link your forum here?

1 Like

Hello!

Just to note-I don’t “run” the forums, I am only a moderator so I will have to check with our Community Manager if we use that plugin. (We have an events calendar, if that helps)

The slow loading times are only on the calendar.

Here is our forum link: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ The calendar link is at the top and is named “Events”

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, I see the issue :+1:

I’ll take a look at the performance of that route and update you early next week.

3 Likes

Just to confirm I checked with our Community Manager and yes, we use the https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-events plugin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where is the calendar?

Thanks very much for this very useful plugin, but after the plugin is installed, where can we go to see the calendar view?

For example, this site has the plugin:

I was expecting to be able to see something like this:

on my Discourse, but there is no Calendar button there.

2 Likes

I want to click on it and see something like this:

1 Like

It is at /calendar and you can subscribe at /calendar.ics

2 Likes

Thanks, that did it! I hope these instructions are made more prominent in the download/install section.

• How did they manage to include a clickable link to the calendar like the one highlighted in the first screenshot?

• The API and client keys section tells you to read the documentation on how too use them, but there is no instruction on the linked page. What should people do with them?

• Do we need to add any additional plugins, e.g. discourse-calendar, to gain the full benefit of discourse-events?

• Is it possible to set events to provide a browser notification pop-up as a reminder? How do we accomplish that?

• The calendar view displays the whole month. Could we include some buttons to set it to a “week’s” view or a day’s view?

1 Like

Hi, i cant see anything obvious about reoccurring events?

can this plugin handle that? if so, where should i be looking?

thank you

2 Likes

also as of today i cant seem to add events?

in console i get this:

deprecated.js:61 Deprecation notice: DButton no longer supports @action as a string. Please refactor to use an closure action instead. [deprecation id: discourse.d-button-action-string]
e.default @ deprecated.js:61
_triggerAction @ d-button.js:99
click @ d-button.js:78

any ideas would be great!

1 Like

Thanks @Nick_Tomlinson

This is fixed in version 0.1.5 of the plugin. Please update to the latest.

I’ll be making an announcement about this later in the week. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Thanks, @angus , That sorted out the issue! :ok_hand:

Looking forward to the announcement!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :spiral_calendar: Discourse Event

2 Likes

Hi folks,

I’ve been building a new test site over the last two days, which means I’m on 3.0 since it just released. I’ve added the events and locations plugins, but my category topic list buttons don’t have Agenda or Calendar there. They work - if I set Calendar as the default view for the category, then I can get to it - but the buttons are missing.

Screenshots:
2023-01-12-121714_452x130_scrot
2023-01-12-121840_482x72_scrot

Is this related to the 3.0 release perhaps?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with this. Those topic list buttons seem to be a bit flaky on 2.8 already. We’re going to look into this.

2 Likes

Thanks @RGJ - do you want me to raise an issue on GitHub for it? Also if I can provide any debug info let me know.

2 Likes

No thank you, that would not be necessary at the moment, I can reproduce the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the amazing plugin :blush: Quick question: The event calendar card (when launched from the calendar view) and the headers of the days on the calendar do not appear to respect dark mode—at least in our Discourse installation. They both appear with a white background, causing the text on them to vanish into the background.

Do you recommend addressing this with some CSS magic, or should the plugin be handling dark mode without any modification on our part?

1 Like

It should (but it currently does not). We’re going to get this solved.

3 Likes