Events Plugin šŸ“†

When clicking on the ā€œparticipantsā€ link in an event topic, I get this error message below. Is that expected behaviour on 3.2.1 as itā€™s not fully compatible, or should this one have been fixed already?

I believe you need to flag force Ember3 for this plugin to work, if you donā€™t do that you will likely receive that error. See here for details on that: Events Plugin šŸ“† - #840 by Stephane_Roy

Regardless, as this has the broken tag things likely wonā€™t work. Iā€™d recommend using this plugin instead for the time being: Official Discourse Calendar (and Event) Plugin

Cheers!

2 Likes

It might be a new issue. Have you updated since this commit?

As per the commit above, this plugin should be working now - at least for 3.2

Iā€™ve just removed the broken

4 Likes

Yes, we installed right after the commit and everything works, except the modal issue mentioned above. @RGJ is hosting it for us, maybe he can have a look.

Iā€™ve created an issue report for that here:

1 Like

I have updated the plugin to the latest changes but Iā€™m getting an odd error which the plugin seems to trigger, but itā€™s unclear if itā€™s coming from the plugin itself.

If the plugin is disabled, there are no errors. But, if itā€™s enabled, I start getting the error below whenever I load a topic, even if it doesnā€™t have any event.

Console error
rsvp.js:23 Uncaught 
TypeError: i(...)(...).magnificPopup is not a function
    at lightbox.js:55:19
    at _ (rsvp.js:434:1)
    at y (rsvp.js:420:1)
    at invoke (backburner.js.js:282:1)
    at h.flush (backburner.js.js:197:1)
    at p.flush (backburner.js.js:358:1)
    at B._end (backburner.js.js:798:1)
    at B.end (backburner.js.js:589:1)
    at B._run (backburner.js.js:842:1)
    at B.run (backburner.js.js:624:1)
    at e.run (index.js:75:1)
    at o.onload.o.onreadystatechange (load-script.js:38:9)

Although the error seems to be thrown on rsvp.js, disabling events_rsvp doesnā€™t seem quiet the errors ā€“ only completely disabling the plugin does. As far as I can tell, the RSVP feature itself is working.

Now, where this gets more confusing: the error seems to only come up if thereā€™s an image on a post on that topicā€¦ But, again, the same topic has no errors if the events plugin is disabled. Something about images on posts and the discourse events plugin seems to be interacting, which is odd.

While messing around to try to understand this, I noticed that if I enable the experimental new lightbox, then the error actually goes away, I guess because Discourse no longer uses magnificPopup() but the new lightbox. This seems to indicate that the error may be on the lightbox code, but the events plugin seems to surface (and catch it) somehow? Given that the experimental new lightbox settings has been disabled on meta, Iā€™m not clear whether it will become a permanent change.

Anyway, anyone else seeing these errors when running the latest version of the plugin? In my case Iā€™m running Discourseā€™s latest stable (v3.2.2).