Exclude "Suspended" and "Blocked" users from username auto-complete

It would be nice to see “Suspended” and “Blocked” user excluded from the username auto-complete.

From a long list of historically banned / suspended users…
… sometimes another user mentions the banned or suspended users accidentally whilst meaning to mention an active user.

6 Likes

Or at the very least they should be differentiated from “normal” users.

4 Likes

We used to do this, I thought. I am not sure blocked users should be unmentionable though, but suspended users. And staff would need to be immune. Are you sure that giant list of caveats is worth the hassle?

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be a long list of caveats if they’re just differentiated from the rest like @zogstrip suggests. Maybe a red-ish background and an icon or just the words “suspended/blocked” on a newline.

There are many valid reasons for mentioning a user after they’ve been blocked, like you’re talking about the events that led to the blocking, so we shouldn’t be completely hiding it anyhow.

4 Likes

My experience is that there is no-need for non-staff to mention suspended or blocked users.

Even for admin staff the need diminishes to near zero for long term suspended or blocked users.

1 Like

I’ll have a look since I’ve been working on autocomplete stuff recently.

1 Like

Probably fine if it can be limited to staff and admins can autocomplete blocked / suspended users. Visually they should be greyed out or similar…

2 Likes