Failed to bootstrap 1.6.0.beta 8 with out of date docker

Coming from 1.6.0.beta 7 to beta 8 today. I don’t have time to delve into it too much right now, but here is the error that is thrown - running ./launcher rebuild app

FAILED

Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake assets:precompile’ failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 296 exit 137>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn’
exec failed with the params {“cd”=>"$home", “hook”=>“bundle_exec”, “cmd”=>[“su discourse -c ‘bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake assets:precompile’”]}
0ab4149a5803934ef38dd9009f53670dcc5d48b3839ed83feefcf719a3330d51
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one

Hey @Josiah_Toppin sorry to see there’s problems…

I updated my 4 discourse to beta 8 yesterday with no real problems, though I did update one of mine from docker 1.9.1 to 1.11.2 before updating. What version of docker are you on? Would you paste the full output into a gist?

1 Like

Seems to be related to this :

https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-docker-image-version-1-3-3-released/44778

You’ll find some instructions to complete the upgrade

Good call on the docker update. I forgot all about that. Fixed after updating the docker How do I manually update Discourse and Docker image to latest?

Note that if you run into this problem, it will still fail after if you don’t reboot first to flush cache, etc I assume. Working again now though.

This was already done previously in the beta 6 or 7 update. I can’t recall which though. Thanks for the suggestion though.