Failed to connect to docker

So instead of doing the 1 click app on digital ocean, im following this guide: discourse/INSTALL-cloud.md at main · discourse/discourse · GitHub
I’m getting the following error:

anyone know what I can do?

2 Likes

You can run sudo apt install docker.io to install docker on the given system.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

thanks that worked flawlessly!

1 Like

Sigh, another error when starting installation

2 Likes

It appears that you aren’t connected to the internet. Could you try running ping google.com? Are you hosting this in the cloud, on a vm, or on bare metal?

2 Likes

I’m hosting it on digital ocean.
pinging google:

2 Likes

Interesting. Could you try curling https://get.docker.com/ by using the command
curl -v https://get.docker.com/

2 Likes

Idk why, but I restarted putty and did the same discourse install command and it seems to be installing now

2 Likes

Alright! Glad you got it figured out. :blush:

Let me know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

I give up, same problem as I had yesterday with the 1 button install. When setting up admin account im not getting the activation mail, and im sure I’ve set up the mail correctly

2 Likes

What are you using for your SMTP provider? Different SMTP providers have different limits, restrictions and requirements to prevent abuse.

2 Likes

mailgun, free one

2 Likes

Could you send me the output of this command?

cd /var/discourse
tail shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log
2 Likes

Topic continued in DMs.

2 Likes

You likely need to change the notification email to whatever domain you configured mailgun for.

1 Like

so for example the domain is sofa.com, I need to put notification mail to “noreply@mg.sofa.com” instead of “noreply@sofa.com”?

You need to make the notification email match what you configured the mail service to send mail for.

1 Like

ok yes, basically the records in mailgun is mg.domain, which I’ve put in cloudflare as well.
however the cname WWW record for the domain itself is domain.com

tried both noreply@mg.domain.com and just noreply@domain.com

None of them works and no emails are shown going out on the mailgun log either.
Gah this is so frustrating, I literally cannot see how its not working, everything is set up correct and all the DNS settings show up as green