Failed upgrade from 2.5.0.beta3 to 2.5.0.beta4

Hey. Sorry if this is not the right category but I kept going back and forth between this one, support and bugs.

We have a Discourse install that I am trying to upgrade. As in the title, we were going from 2.5.0.beta3 to 2.5.0.beta4. A docker container upgrade was noted (when I attempted the upgrade through the web UI, and then I hit the page “You are running an old version of the Discourse image.” and I need to go the the underling Ubuntu console to run the launcher rebuild app command.

The problem I am running into is this:

Launcher is up-to-date
Stopping old container
+ /usr/bin/docker stop -t 10 app
app
cd /pups && git pull && /pups/bin/pups --stdin
/usr/bin/docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.
cat: cids/app_bootstrap.cid: No such file or directory
"docker rm" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker rm --help'.

Usage:  docker rm [OPTIONS] CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Remove one or more containers
rm: cannot remove ‘cids/app_bootstrap.cid’: No such file or directory
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages,                                                                          there may be more than one.

Discourse-doctor was able to recover the site and get it back up. So that’s good. I am somewhat new to managing our Discourse site and, obviously, need some help to find this. We are running this in a Ubuntu 14.04 Docker container (and, yeah, that needs to be updated to the new LTS soon).

Docker Version is reported as:

docker --version
Docker version 17.09.0-ce, build afdb6d4

Any help?

It is likely docker is no longer compatible with 14.04? That is quite an old version of Ubuntu now, isn’t it?

Oh. Wait. That is older than I thought. Oh my yes that is old. Ok I will take a look at updating that right away.

1 Like