Fake aficionado

I just received a notification from meta.discourse.org telling me that I’d earned the Aficionado badge for visiting 100 days in a row.

But that’s not correct. I almost never visit meta.discourse.org unless I have a particular thread or bug report to follow up on. I didn’t visit yesterday, or the day before that. I wouldn’t have visited today if I hadn’t received a notification.

I do have meta.discourse.org configured in my iOS Discourse app. I wonder if its poll for notifications was somehow mistaken for site activity?

8 Likes

Good point, I’m not sure but that sounds plausible to me. cc @sam

2 Likes

Yes this is a side effect of having the app, technically it is a sort of visit cause it ask meta for information, I guess we can add a special bypass

2 Likes

Yeah this is a bug. He didn’t actually visit.

2 Likes

We can not fix this retrospectively but I can investigate adding bypasses for user api

1 Like

Totally fine, not worried about history.

related to this: i am pretty sure i have visited meta (and a few more sites) for more than 100 days and still didn’t get this particular badge. is there any way to check this count?

You have to visit for 100 consecutive days. This is not the topic for that discussion.

2 Likes

I realised this was a regression I introduced in July while solving a different last_seen bug. API and User API access should not update last_seen, and therefore should not create a visit record. Should be fixed by:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/56e0f47bcd183f9d8e5cde853bcb9f8fe38eebf7

14 Likes

Oh good news so this is only a bug from July not 2016 :wink:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.