Fancy site header: how do I get it & what made it go away?

We’re at the point of probably wanting more elaborate look/feel customization.

Looking at my colleague’s shared screen, I saw a fancier interface here on Meta than I remembered seeing myself. So I came to double-check. For every single header link, I get a “plain” UI. No fancy header. When I tried a private window, :zap: there it was :zap:

So my questions are:

• How do I get this? (Yes, I know this is probably covered ad nauseam here, but I don’t know what search terms to use. A theme? A component?)
  • Why doesn’t my account see the banner? How do I get it back? As an admin can I make it less likely people will “lose” it?

For me all I do is click that word Discourse in the top left corner of the first screen and the get to see the banner in the second. No private window necessary.

That is a version of this component:

It’s dismissable on here, so it’s likely you closed it at some point. If you clear your cookies it should turn back up again. :+1:

Small correction. I think it’s visible only to anonymous TL0 and TL1 users here on Meta. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually no. Here’s a screenshot from my logged-in colleague:

1 Like

Ah, it must be on Trust Level then. I’ll go and re-correct the correction. :slightly_smiling_face:

(For anyone thinking “Just check the settings you derp”, the special one on Meta is not as customisable as the theme component that’s been created from it, and I can’t see the settings on the component page :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Shown based on trust level… :thinking:

Fascinating!

It’s pretty swish. :slightly_smiling_face: Here are the other ‘visibility’ settings: (though it’s worth installing it and looking at all the others too)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.