Fast Highlight

@matenauta sorry about that! I have started spitballing here about ways to improve the composer which I am also finding useful. Personally I am not convinced by the original post suggestion to add a highlighting option alongside quote and fast edit, when selecting text in a post you are reading. It makes more sense to place this feature in the composer, imo.

There are also general suggestions here about different ways text can currently be formatted using markdown, including various theme components that have been created over the years.

Interesting. So are you suggesting that the highlighted text would only be visible to the user, or would it be visible to everybody? So a few people could see everybody’s highlighted text? To me the latter feels chaotic and not so useful. The former I do not think is feasible to implement.

Discourse Shared Edits could use something like this, so when multiple people are editing it is clear who contributed which text. But also of somewhat limited value methinks and potentially chaotic.

Awesome! I have installed this on my personal site and it works well. Nice job!

3 Likes