Fig - Native Discourse client for iOS

To extend on what you’ve said, Fig feels like the Apollo (for Reddit) of Discourse.

Context

https://apolloapp.io

4 Likes

I would be interested in embeding this in my own app. Reach out to me at steve at stevemorin.com

I noticed that drop-down menus appear to be invisible in Fig.

I am talking about drop-down menus like this.

They appear to be invisible in the Fig app.

:raising_hand_man:

Def interested in white label!!

Very nice app. I wonder how did you get the email addresses to send an email about your application? I just got an email from you today about this app and an auto-link that adds my forum automatically to the app when users download it using it.

5 Likes

Cool app but yeah the unsolicited email isn’t cool. In my case they just sent it to a catch-all email. So in other words they guessed. I get all of those “guessed” emails. That said…

I do really like how it looks and how it operates. My only concerns would be how it handles plugins. We don’t use a lot, but we have a few that I consider core to our forum.

4 Likes

Thank you! Popular plugin support is being added. But I get that Fig May not work for all communities.

Communities contact email is in the About page in the Contact section.

1 Like

In my case you would have had to dig through the FAQ or you guessed :face_with_monocle:

Ah I see, yeah it’s that email I put there.

This app looks nice, though it has issues with Onebox previews.

6 Likes

I also like the discover tab, but how are you getting the communities listed there? I see my own community listed there and I do not want it listed anywhere on the internet without me opting in.

Also, how can I (or others) remove their community from being listed there @Mo.K?

13 Likes

PM me here or if you have the app still you can email me via the support email listed in setting.

Cool, will do. How are you getting the communities listed there though?

How does Fig provide push notifications from sites hosted on Digital Ocean, for example? I thought you would need something like a plug-in added to the site in order to do push notifications.

4 Likes

Made using Catalyst?

Interesting

Do you use a web viewer or render the content of a topic in some other way? :thinking:

Sorry if I sound ignorant, I only work with Android

thanks upon thanks upon thanks for this potion :raised_hands:t4: will you let me know the best way to contact the fig team for support?

the fig app won’t seem to allow me to “login” to communities nor to see the “about” section or any section where i would find a contact for fig to get support with my issue.

i have screenshots and more details about all i’ve tried so far with the login. and without the option to login, i do not seem able to reply to communities through the app, so i am coming to you now from a browser.

I ran into some trouble initially adding communities, but force-quitting the app a few times sorted it, and since then I’ve not had any major problems. Also note that fully private communities are only supported if you pay.

4 Likes

oh, hi, @jtbayly. thanks for your rec that led me here and now for your help again :upside_down_face: i had already paid for the access to private communities. you were right to force quit and reboot (of course ha). all is working well now. yayay. so thankful.

2 Likes

It’s not clear how many posts someone can make before they have to pay for the app.