Formatting text on home page for logged out users

My front/home page when logged out used to look very different than now, using Grey Amber theme. The text overshoots past the gray background (see below). I haven’t changed anything in my HTML/CSS edits within a year so there must have been an update that changed the page layout. I also used to have the login button on the top right. It got moved to the bottom of the page. Instead, at the top, I have my mini logo image, which should not be there. I only used to see the big image.

I know nothing about HTML / CSS, here is how I had edited the home page:

How should I change this so my text fits, the login button appears at the top (right, center or left, doesn’t matter), and the mini logo doesn’t show?

1 Like

Yes, we’ve changed the default to be more stylized, which unfortunately has the effect of clashing with sites that added their own styles. Taking a look at your site… I think adding this CSS would get you closer back to where you were:

body.static-login {
  .body-page {
    margin: 2em auto;
  }
  .logo-container {
    display: none;
  }
  .login-welcome {
    img {
      max-width: 100%;
    }
  }
  .body-page-button-container {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    right: 0;
    button {
     margin: 0;
    }
  }
}

4 Likes

Was there any recent change that explains why my logged-out home page is now empty?

1 Like

It looks like there was a change 5 days ago (DEV: Rework `static` controllers/routes by CvX · Pull Request #19466 · discourse/discourse · GitHub) that removed the below-static plugin outlet (which appears to be how you were adding that content). There’s now a below-login outlet that should take its place. Sorry for the repeat regressions here.

1 Like