Four digit years

Is there any way to configure four digit years in Discourse. Or alternatively, as a feature request, can we please have four digit years in Discourse?

For example:

This is easily confused to read 17th of January, as opposed to an archaic post from 4 years ago.

Depending on the dark/light setting and other theme configurations, the apostrophe can be even less visible.

Thanks.

7 Likes

I think this is highly desirable.

We’ve had quite a number of users mistake the 'YY for the day, and that’s spawned confused and unnecessary comments on the Keyboard Maestro Forum.

-Chris

(Keyboard Maestro Forum Moderator)

You can customize it by search js.dates on /admin/customize/site_texts.
And the time format document:
https://momentjs.com/docs/#/displaying/format/

By the way, what @team thoughts about the recent Moment.js project-status?

7 Likes

Thanks, I went to Admin, Customize, Text, searched for js.dates, then changed it to search for 'yy, and changed all of them to YYYY.

3 Likes

Actually, can I just confirm it is capital Y for YYYY? Because I know I’ve been bitted in regex where it is yyyy for year, but YYYY for year of "Week of Year" which is different a few days each year.

I checked and the original was 'YY so I presume that capital Y is correct.

Not really, not unless. you didn’t see the period in the middle of this sentence :wink:

That being said, the idea is you can customize any text however you like on your site, including date formats.

Actually, when I read that sentence I read right over the period, so yeah, I’d say easily missed.

We are aware, and shopping for a replacement

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.