Full name precedes username on mobile even though it shouldn't

After upgrading to Discourse 2.1, the mobile view has a very disturbing issue. The full name is shown above username which is not desirable. On desktop view things are like they’ve always been: username is shown first and after it there is the full name.

The username is “gatecrasher” and “viuhkalätkää” is the full name. In fact, “Viuhkalätkää” is a kind of signature line and it should not be emphasized like it is on mobile.

Mobile:

Desktop:

This behaviour is supposed to be controlled by the site setting “prioritize username in ux” which is ON on our site. It seems to affect desktop only, however. Is this a bug or a new feature which I don’t understand?

What do you think @sam as this was a setting you added as I recall?

I fixed this per:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/120c220c18adcadd58f84627af2cefa7a30880b9

I also removed some staff notes code that did not belong in core anymore.

I also corrected our CSS so we properly allow decoration of line 1 in the flex (order 2 is now rendered after username/name)

6 Likes

Thank you! Any chance of backporting this fix into stable branch? This is really bothering our users. (If not, we may find some solutions with CSS.)

1 Like

The fix is CSS only so you can apply it yourself with a theme component

5 Likes

Yeah I see, I should have visited Github first.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.