Thanks @supermathie I appreciate it!
So I went ahead and gave it a shot (just the second line), but doesn’t seem to be working. It returned a lot of records like:
last_gravatar_download_attempt: Thu, 07 May 2015 09:40:35 UTC +00:00,
created_at: Thu, 07 May 2015 09:40:35 UTC +00:00,
updated_at: Thu, 07 May 2015 09:40:36 UTC +00:00>,
I found one that had custom_upload_id set to an id and found the user’s profile using:
When I view their profile though, the avatar is still empty. Also, I can see that no new uploads have been made to s3 recently (none in the last 6hrs). So I don’t think optimized images are being generated as a result.
The good news, is when I search for an avatar via rails command:
The records seem correct and the urls for all the S3 urls I’ve checked so far work. The records seem consistent with another instance that has used S3 from the beginning.
Then when I use:
OptimizedImage.where(upload_id: upload_id).where(version: 2)
On the previous instance, I see a bunch of optimized images. But on the new instance, there are no records. Which seems correct. For that user with the custom upload id set, there seem to be optimized images for them on s3, but those records are from days ago.
So seems that I just need to find a way to trigger generating the optimized avatar images.
The new instance is in read only mode currently, not sure if maybe that is a factor. Rebaking posts seemed to work fine in read only mode.
Edit: I see a lot of jobs in sidekiq for creating avatar thumbnails
So maybe just need to exit read only mode to allow them to get processed. Will update.