Getting information about usage that is not in reports on dashboard

Hi :smiley:
Is there any way to get a count of total users signed up to discourse forum - ie not log ins, page views or active users, but the number of the membership?

Also is there any flexibility to search for things like total number of members by gender? or by country? or by length of membership etc

Many Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

All those answers, and more! Check out About the data-explorer category.

4 Likes

Thank you so much ! :smiley:

2 Likes

But before you check there, just look at the built-in searches.

EDIT: . . . on the Data Explorer Plugin Dashboard.

4 Likes

are you talking about dashboard and the reports?

Yes, /admin/dashboard/reports.

1 Like

Thanks for that - yes I’m looking for info that is not available in the reports or by manipulating dashboard

2 Likes

Thanks for your help @pfaffman @maiki :slight_smile: I’ve passed the tech stuff on to our admins.

Another question though, if yu don’t mind. After reading the description, I’m not sure if the data explorer would allow queries requiring info from the member sign up sheet.
eg Number of members identifying as male? or number of members by country of browser
number of members with activity level of (sopecified range) over specified duration. etc

So I’m looking at getting states about demographics x usage

Is there any way to export some data into say an excel spread sheet?

Your assistance is much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty sure you don’t need data explorer to get that, doesn’t the ‘All Time Users’ on /about already show this?

This is the territory of analytics suites and probably not Discourse. Google Analytics will already show you this for example.

Data explorer will help you here though.

3 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t realise that I could get this. My issue is though that all data seems to be ‘anonymised’ and I can’t get a list of all members names and access to their pages

1 Like

You can see individual profiles listed in /users but in a community of any scale trawling that is going to be too laborious for words.

2 Likes

Aha :smiley: thankyou, I see where I can access this now.

Do you have any suggestion for example if I could get a report that gives me total number of female users ?

No, because users aren’t asked for their gender at signup.

You could create a custom field at registration, if you did that then Data Explorer would be the solution to query those fields.

3 Likes

Fantastic - yes we have a range of custom fields at sighn up - so if we get the data explorer plug-in we could get this data right?

2 Likes

If you use Data Explorer you can access anything which Discourse stores, within reason.

4 Likes

The data explorer plugin can query (but not change) any and all data in the database. You can export to csv.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.