Getting relay access denied errors in email replies

Hi folks, am new here but very much enjoying tinkering with Discourse. : )

I recently changed the domain name and for some reason replying via email stopped working. I can’t seem to get to the bottom of it. Everything else works other than this pesky issue even after a couple rebuilds.

Outgoing emails work fine also.

(As info, email receiving was working fine on the prior domain before the change.)

I’ve checked these settings:

– in app.yml: DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME: nomadverse.com (correct)
– confirmed SMTP settings work
– In MailJet (for SMTP), all settings appear good and DKIM, SPF, etc set properly.
– in settings, “notification email” is set to noreply@nomadverse.com
– in settings, “reply by email address” is set to replies+%{reply_key}@nomadverse.com

In launcher logs for mail-receiver after replying via email, I see this error:

<22>Jul 26 03:43:49 postfix/smtpd[1142]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from web1.gatorcountry.com[67.225.189.169]: 454 4.7.1 <replies+6d18bcc79ead5fb5466dc788580fd4af@nomadverse.com>: Relay access denied; from=<yak@gatorcountry.com> to=<replies+6d18bcc79ead5fb5466dc788580fd4af@nomadverse.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<web1.gatorcountry.com>

There are similar errors from gmail.com, etc. in the log.

So it appears to be some sort of relay error – is this why replies are not coming in? I’m a bit of a novice to this so am not sure how to proceed from here.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Ray

2 Likes

Did you update the domain specified in the mail-receiver yml? If so you need to rebuild that container.

5 Likes

Well sheet, that did the trick! Thanks for the help, @Stephen!

Ray

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.