Amar_Kumar is seeking a plugin to integrate Discourse with Gitlab, allowing users to ask questions about Gitlab tools on Discourse and receive prompt responses. pfaffman suggested the GitHub plugin, available on the Discourse GitHub repositories, but acknowledged its limitations, as it’s not specifically designed for Gitlab. After clarification from Amar_Kumar on the differences between GitHub and Gitlab, pfaffman confirmed that there isn’t a Gitlab-specific plugin. However, modifying the GitHub plugin to work with Gitlab might be feasible, and pfaffman offered suggestions for finding a plugin developer or learning how to develop the plugin.
I was wondering if there is a plugin for Discourse that allows it to be integrated with Gitlab?
The reason I would like this plugin is so that if a user of Gitlab has a question about the tool, they can raise this on Discourse where we can answer that query promptly.
There is github plugin that will cross link posts between github and discourse. It’s hard to find here because every plugin points to github. You can likely find it by browsing the discourse github repositories.
I’m not quite clear what the difference between github and gitlab is in the context of your question.
I’m not aware of one. It should definitely be easier to search for gitlab and github to find one.
It would seem that modifying the github plugin to work with gitlab shouldn’t be too hard. If you have a budget, post in Marketplace (I’d think at least $1000), if not, you can search here for the plugin development howto topics.