Group description appears broken when using bullet list

Can we reproduce this here somehow? When using a list in the group description, the description appears broken when clicking the group. Using my iPhone 7+

The above community was updated some days ago.

I can repro this as well.

1 Like

Can you share some example markdown of a group description that will cause the issue? When I test it locally, bullet lists are removed from the description on the group’s page.

This group description:

is displayed like this on the groups page:

Note that the bullet list has been removed. I am unsure if this is the expected behaviour, but it is different from what I’m seeing in your video.

I am using the following paragraph:

### <a>What is this group?</a>

The purpose of this group is to handle any questions regarding **Discourse** and its features. The members of this group are experienced users of Discourse, ready to answer all your questions. 
 _____

### <a>Message from the owners:</a>

We are open to all questions regarding **Discourse** and we will be more than happy to assist you. Before messaging us, make sure to include the following:

* State the issue you are facing
  * If it is a bug, ways to reproduce
  * A video or Screenshot is recommended 

Once you message us, one of us will be there to help you out as soon as possible!
1 Like

That’s strange. Here’s what I’m seeing with that description:

I don’t have an iPhone to test it on though. It seems likely that the issue you’re seeing is related to that.

As a side note, I wasn’t able to copy and paste the group description given above all at once into the “About Group” textarea. I had to copy and paste it into the textarea one line at a time. I’m not sure what was causing that issue.

Could you by any chance create a group here with this description, so I can test it out here and let you know?

Summary

What is this group?

The purpose of this group is to handle any questions regarding Discourse and its features. The members of this group are experienced users of Discourse, ready to answer all your questions.

Message from the owners:

We are open to all questions regarding Discourse and we will be more than happy to assist you. Before messaging us, make sure to include the following:

• State the issue you are facing
  • If it is a bug, ways to reproduce
  • A video or Screenshot is recommended

Once you message us, one of us will be there to help you out as soon as possible!

This issue occurs with my iPad too. 2019 7th gen.

I can repro this on iOS in group usercards… investigating

2 Likes

We use a lot of the same CSS for user and group cards, and were using the bio excerpt for user cards and full bios for group cards. So the formatting was inconsistent and this caused our line-clamp CSS (which truncates long text) to break on group cards.

I’ve fixed it here:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/32102ddff394fe36020dc800b58f65591a685e9e

3 Likes

It happens on my android phone also.

1 Like

Yeah I thought it might have just been iOS at first, but the above fix should solve the issue everywhere.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for the fix! :+1:

Yep, fixed. Thanks!