In bulleted list of mentioned tags, last tag is not formatted correctly as a link

One for @tgxworld … check it out - this bulleted list:

- #docker::tag
- #css::tag
- #moderation::tag

looks like this - note the last item is not formatted properly.

I also noticed that on my site a tag was created with a + in it, e.g. #m+e which is apparently possible but mentioning it is not possible.

6 Likes

Just wanted to add in that adding another bullet to the list makes it work. Not sure if this is helpful for your debugging @tgxworld, but it seems that the category/tag mention isn’t baked without a bullet after it. Doesn’t matter how many items are in the list, or whether it is bulleted or numbered.

Some text…

1. #docker
3 Likes

Not sure if anyone else started on this but I started looking at this a few weeks back. I found the general block that is causing this and it’s a structural thing in how lists are parsed / cooked. I think I have a solution, though.

1 Like

In general, the Discourse Team is not focusing on markdown related bugs because they plan to move to a new markdown engine.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Any links to general discussion about this? Is it commonmark? I’m kinda out of the loop.

2 Likes

Typically the topics get tagged #markdown-it-review (I’ll see if I can tag this accordingly)

5 Likes

It now works :shaved_ice:

3 Likes