Group/inbox messages not updated for new posts

The front page listing shows when new posts are available, but nothing like that happen for group and private messages when in say : /users/ck/messages/group/mygroup

3 Likes

I will add that, subtle change but I guess at high volume / leave it open all the time it is very desirable.

5 Likes

I feel like this is a pretty big omission we have, just assigned this to 2.0, will happen for next release.

8 Likes

This feature has been pushed to master yesterday and I fixed a few edge cases today. We’re getting into a stable state but feel free to report any bugs to me and I’ll have a look.

6 Likes

Just pushed live updates for the messages under assigned/assigned archive as well.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-assign/commit/463f77bb2af8518c9cc44495395f9c81d3fda944

Note that for simplicity, live updates are only available when viewing messages of your own profile. Admin viewing messages of other users will not receive live updates. We can scope it such that admins can receive live updates as well but I don’t see a very strong need for it right now and it complicates the implementation quite a bit.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.