Summary: Allow users in a group to invite other users joining the group.
GitHub: GitHub - hitorino/group-invitation: A Discourse plugin that allows you to invite another user into a g
Install: Follow the plugin installation guide. Don’t forget to run
rake db:migrate to create additional tables.
- Group members can invite users not in the group to join.
- Site admin can set minimum trust level for inviters and invitees.
- Automatic or manual approval.
- In automatic approval mode, the invitee that meets the requirements will be added to the group, and a report containing the inviters list will be sent to group owners through private message.
- In manual approval mode, a group-joining request will be generated on behalf of the eligible invitee, and a report containing the inviters list and a link to view the group request will be sent to group owners, so that they can approve or reject the invitee.
Setup invitation requirements such as minimum trust levels in site settings.
Create a group and go to http(s)://your-domain/g/(your-group-name)/manage/membership, turn on “allow inviting members”
Save, and click “Invite user” on the top-right corner.
Invitations can be withdrawn by the inviter or the group owners. Group owners can go to
to see or withdraw invitations.
- Rate limiting.
- Implement invitation reason.