Hamburger icon for the sidebar is not visible

I’ve just setup the sidebar feature, and figured out the hamburger icon is not visible, like this:

But when I hover my mouse in the box, it somehow appears its icon:

How can I show the icon even when I’m not pointing my cursor in the box?

Hello,

It seems to your --header_primary-low-mid (which is the default header buttons) color variable is same color as --header_primary (header) color (#fff). This is why the sidebar icon is not visible. As I see on your site you are using the --tertiary color variable to the other header icons. You can also change the sidebar button color. Or you can change the header_primary-low-mid color to make it visible.

Create a new theme component or add this to an existing one

Desktop > CSS

.header-sidebar-toggle {
  button {
    .d-icon {
      color: var(--tertiary);
    }
  }
}
2 Likes

Thanks for your prompt reply!
But I still cannot find the right variable you are mentioning:

Which one?

Well, as I see non of these can controls header buttons color. This is a custom theme where you can change the colors. I think this is a remote theme so probably you cannot change the color variable color but you can check it on the /admin/customize/colors (Admin > Customize > Colors) page. On that page select the Color Palette you use and search for the header_primary-low-mid variable. If you cannot change it then you need to contact with the theme creator.

OR

You can try to add a new theme component which will change the sidebar button color.

1. Go to /admin/customize/themes/
    Customize → Themes
  2. Click the Components tab and then the Install button
  3. On the popup window click + Create new tab and type the new component name.

1. Click Create button.
  2. The component created. Now select which theme(s) you want to activate it.
    Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 12.06.13
  3. Click the Edit CSS/HTML button.
    Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 12.07.53
  4. Click the Desktop tab and paste the below code to the CSS section.

.header-sidebar-toggle {
  button {
    .d-icon {
      color: var(--tertiary);
    }
  }
}
  1. Click Save button. Done :slightly_smiling_face:
1 Like

Amazing, thanks for your help. It perfectly solved my issue =]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.