Header flickering on mobile

Anyone knows if its a normal behavior in the header on mobile? I have no idea why its shaking (maybe its cause by gifs, youtube/twitter embeding?) in some topics. I used Material Design without CSS modifications (also in safe mode) but I still has this issue.

3 Likes

I’ve seen that particular flickering before in other aspects of the design on mobile.

My suspicion is that the JS code that calculates heights / positions on the topic page is having trouble in some scenarios.

3 Likes

So it has no solution for now? :sweat_smile:

Same flicker here almost certainly related to mobile progress bar calcs.

3 Likes

We have a hack @eviltrout implemented back in the day to keep browser on current post after you navigate to it, we are at war with the browser that is insisting on moving us to the top. Concurrently @Johani’s mobile header is deciding what to do, so the two processes are fighting.

We basically need a debounce if sorts to make sure mobile header does not flicker

5 Likes

This definitely needs some fixing @johani

5 Likes

This and a few other issues in the mobile header will be fixed via:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/6d7c0c8f137bf1c4968e8777c7694fd2c1b7b392

Thanks for reporting the issue @Merlls_Rizzini :+1:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.