Header Search Theme

Both on Chrome and FF

4 Likes

Ok I’m pretty sure I’ve got it right this time :sweat_smile: Thanks!

4 Likes

Another alignment fix between the 2 elements:

Maybe you want add a margin-top: .2em to the .header-search-enabled.align-right .contents .search-header element

:rofl:

4 Likes

:+1: It’s an issue with nested flexboxes.

Minor style tweaks · angusmcleod/discourse-header-search-theme@3b2d66e · GitHub

8 Likes

I tried this new theme

And because it is .btn, it affect the search button as well and it is not good looking

It won’t be bad if I could change also the typing section, but for now it is two different part. Would be great if I could do something like this

unsplash

or this

facebook

Well that’s not really the fault of this theme :slight_smile:

You can apply some custom css on your site to exclude the search button from border-radius being applied by the Discourse Button Styles theme.

I’m not sure what you mean here? You can change the placeholder text of the search input in Customize > Text. You can currently achieve the Unsplashed or Facebook look if you want. You just need to apply the right CSS.

4 Likes

This seems to be broken after the latest updates. Rightmost icons appear a bit shifted to the top when “align right” is enabled, as shown in the screenshot.

And when a search term is entered, search results appear shifted to the top.

3 Likes

This should be fixed now :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, it is now showing correctly. Thanks!

2 Likes

This happened some time ago, but I haven’t gotten around to reporting it until now.

2 Likes

Same here. I can repro this on theme creator and discourse development.

2 Likes

@angus perhaps the component needs to be improved? In light of recent changes:

There is some strange behavior in the drop-down menu.

6 Likes

Broken.

1 Like

Thanks @Stranik and @nexo. I’ve added support for the new event added by UX: Do not close login modal and search menu on outside mouse up even… · discourse/discourse@58fe45f · GitHub.

The theme will continue to work with older Discourse versions as well.

7 Likes

User and tags go off of the search modal. Could you check if this happens to your instance?

It’s probably something wrong with your other themes. Long usernames are cut off with “…” when only using this component.
29%20PM

3 Likes

Testing this theme component now and I see that once a search is executed the top of the results are getting cut off, whole element is getting shifted up or something. Anyone else seeing this?

It seems to happen even when I switch to a default theme…but @angus I don’t see this active in your sandbox at the moment so not 100% sure if it’s a bug or something weird with my setup.

1 Like

We don’t have space for a search bar on mobile. Has anyone ever seen a search bar integrated into the forum itself, rather than the header? I guess it could also be a footer search bar

Have you looked at this component?

5 Likes

thats exactly what i’m looking for. thank you @Johani.

We’ll modify it to work on tag-pages, which is the same for pretty much every plugin right now.

1 Like