Search banner theme component

This is a component that puts a search bar along with optional headline and subhead text in a banner above the main topic list navigation.

By default this banner appears on all top-level topic pages (latest/new/unread/top/categories… anything in the top menu site setting) but it can also be set to only display on a community’s homepage.

:building_construction: Github repo: https://github.com/awesomerobot/discourse-search-banner.git

:telescope: Preview it on theme creator

:question: How do I install a theme component?

:sparkling_heart: This very heavily borrows from @angusHeader Search Theme

Available settings

• Set the headline and subhead text
  • Show the banner on all top-level topic pages (default), just the homepage, or all pages
  • Show the banner for everyone, logged in, or logged out users
  • Set a background image

Custom styling

The HTML element gets a class named .display-search-banner wherever this banner appears, and the banner itself is wrapped with the .custom-search-banner class, so with some CSS you should be able to customize the appearance of this banner however you see fit.

Future enhancements

• Add an option to enable the banner in specific categories
33 Likes

Incredible work! :sparkles: Suggestion: add an option to hide this theme component from logged-in users (only visible to visitors/non-users).

3 Likes

Increible work. Thanks for explain this info

This is awesome. is there any way we can put a picture background for the search banner ?

It’s in the theme component settings.

2 Likes

amazing theme component :star_struck: :heart:

it’d be great if it can be merged into other available banner themes, i.e. Versatile Banner, as an option.

1 Like

How do we show search banner everywhere page? Every topic, every category? Thank!

I’ve updated the theme component to add some new settings:

show on — this determines where the banner appears and has the options

• top_menu (latest/categories/top/new/unread)
  • homepage
  • all (all pages except the default search page and admin pages)

show for — this determines who sees the banner

• everyone
  • logged_in
  • logged_out
6 Likes

Thanks a lot for this theme!!!

2 Likes