Help us build the new 2.0 Dashboard

Apologies all, but as with lots of these feedback topics on beta features… the conversation rots really really fast cause stuff is changes so fast.

To remedy this I deleted everything but the OP. Sorry :weary:

In much happier news :rainbow: big changes to: https://YOURSITE/admin/dashboard-next today as of:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/8a783412b7ee04bbb1c3a48e0a03276b9b414454

• Inactive user panel was replaced with “posts”

• Trends are now calculated as compared to previous period. So when looking at trend on a month it compares to last month. When looking at trend on a week it compares to last week.

• MAU/DAU is now a proper “percent” graph with percent symbols to minimize confusion

• Lots of concurrency issues were fixed, when switching intervals some real weird things happened in the past

• Search is now sorted in a sane way, (I do not think I need to explain) also added CTR there which is a good metric ™ to have. That allows you to “act” on terms that people search for but are not clicking through.

• UTC dates were kind of messed up in the various periods leading to weird reports containing partial data, this is cleaned up.

• Search only shows “last week”, it does not scope to the “panels”, this simplifies the UX cause it becomes less confusing to see how stuff is scoped

• All and Day periods were removed, both caused confusion

• Camel hump is removed from all graphs, which were grouping on full months on the yearly which causes very confusing graphs.

There is still much left to do here, but the plan is to swap over /admin to show this dashboard vs what we have now early/mid next week.

Prior to the switch we need to:

• Ensure we still display version info an install warnings

• Add a link to the old dashboard

• Review SQL on the dashboard to ensure that loading it will not time out sites

Once we switch we will focus on refinements for the next week two. Keep in mind that we are not planning any radical changes over what exists in the new dashboard now.

For some crazy reason people don’t seem committed to meta during Christmas/New Year

GDPR has 43-58% CTR so yay for acronyms.

22 Likes