Help us build the new Dashboard

dashboard

That’s a really nice idea.

I modified a lot of date strings to customize not showing YYYY of something else. It would be nice to have it in the dashboard by default.

(Jeremy M (Jerdog)) #164

Looking good guys!

When you drill down to a specific graph, you lose the metric. Below is the DAU/MAU graph drilled down from the dashboard - and now we don’t know the number as was displayed on the dashboard graph:

Can we get the metric for the graph displayed right next to the graph name? Essentially replicating the tooltip and metric value as on the dashboard

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #165

Sorry I don’t understand, the tooltip is displayed on the title, and what do you mean by “value” ?

(Jeremy M (Jerdog)) #166

On the dashboard - the graphs look like this with the tooltip and the value of the metric:

When you drill down to the graph itself so that you can customise the timetable, you get the following without the tooltip (not that big of a deal) and without the value of the metric (bigger deal) and it’s corresponding hover explanation:

Does that make sense? It would be extremely helpful to have the same info on the customisable report graph as the dashboard graph

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #167

you have the tooltip, look under DAU/MAU : “No. of members…”

Concerning the value, I don’t think we will add it on that screen, but we are probably going to add previous period trend line in the chart in 2.1.

(Jeremy M (Jerdog)) #168

This doesn’t really help if you have to go export the data and then do a sum function to get the result. It’s a lot of wasted effort when it could be added on that screen since the function is already created for the dashboard summary graphs.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #169

No it’s not that simple because this page can show arbitrary ranges, when dashboard page functions are done for yesterday/seven days/thirty days ranges. Also this is not the new dashboard page, so it’s kind of off-topic for now, but not saying we don’t want to improve the single report page and we could maybe add your suggestion.

(Tobias Eigen) #170

Does DAU/MAU have some sort of target number, showing that DAU/MAU health is good? E.g. should it be above 50% or some such, like net promoter score? If so, it might be nice to add this info to the helper text. Also, DAU/MAU is new to me (and probably to many others) so some sort of link to more details about it might be helpful.

Also, should maybe “DAU/MAU” be renamed “Stickiness”? I did a google search, and came across this explanation in a tech crunch article about facebook apps:

Real retention numbers for other people’s products are notoriously hard to come by, but in Facebook there is good 30 day retention data called the DAU/MAU Ratio – which can also be called Stickiness. This is the ratio of Daily Active Users to Monthly Active Users. For example, a DAU/MAU ratio of 50% would mean that the average user of your app is using it 15 out of 30 days that month.

(Gerhard Schlager) #172

Well, the help text for DAU/MAU says:

No. of members that logged in in the last day divided by no of members that logged in in the last month – returns a % which indicates community ‘stickiness’. Aim for >30%.

(Tobias Eigen) #173

hmm… must have been added since yesterday?

39%20AM

(Gerhard Schlager) #174

Yes, it was. update description of graph · discourse/discourse@0db0495 · GitHub

Shouldn’t lower values for “time to first response” be green instead of red?

(Mittineague) #175

Perhaps not as easy as a red vs. green, but might negative Y axes be appropriate for some graphs?

@Sam I PM’d you earlier with the Chrome Javascript errors that appear

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #177

can you just post it here please ?

Sure, it’s crazy long, how best to use markdown to encapsulate?

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #179

Use a service like pastebin

(Michael Howell) #180
Depending on how long it is, you could use a details tag

The code looks like this:

[details="Depending on how long it is, you could use a details tag"]
The code looks like this:
```markdown
[details="Depending on how long it is, you could use a details tag"]
The code looks like this
[/details]
```
[/details]

This was in relation to the graphs that intermittently never appear. When that happens I get something like the following in Chrome dev console (pastebin will expire in 24hr). URL is anonymised.

https://pastebin.com/cTdM8P6M

EDIT: Just upgraded again to [v2.0.0.beta10 +21] and everything loads fine now, seemingly every time? Good stuff!

@Sam, tested on both my sites … happy to close this issue for me … am curious to know what the fix was

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #182

I fixed it my last commit, Time to first response will be a “lower is better” kind of stat.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #183

I also refactored and added tests for various computations in reports, if you see anything that doesn’t look correct please let me know.