I have been having some trouble since last night with my Discourse setup. I would appreciate if someone could help me troubleshoot.
- Users report can’t access the site. I can reproduce 100%. When logging into my DO droplet (ubuntu lts 16.04 x64) I can see the OS is asking for a reboot (never happened before). Rebooted and back (in my PC) to regular service
- As I was already offline I took the opportunity to upgrade Discourse. I rebuilt to latest (2.3.0 beta2) and everything seemed to get back to work (Safari on Mac)
- I noticed that docker-engine was deprecated so I uninstalled and installed docker-ce. Everything working fine.
- Hours later users report issues which I can’t reproduce, until I start using some combinations:
- Works on FF + Win
- Does not work on Chrome + Win
- Works on ios + Safari + wifi
- Does not work on ios + Safari + 4g
All very weird as you can see
- I see that all the logos are gone, which I notice after seeing errors in logfile:
There some other quite strange errors in the log as well
I can see that this is a known issue so I proceed to reupload logos and everything seems to go back to normal, nearly.
Now Chrome + Win works but not any of the others. IE returns a 504 which some users can see as well. In the combinations which work the site loads quickly as ever.
Some other weird problems I’ve noticed is Firefox complaining about the certificate (Let’s Encrypt) but Chrome being fine.
EDIT: The certificate seems to be fine, for some reason I noticed FF was reporting I had added an exception, which I have no memory of having done. Once removed green padlock again…
I know this is loose an open-ended, but where would you advise that I start? I would say that the 504 problem is the most concerning of all as I suspect that one explains the non access problems.
Many thanks indeed.