Hide pinned topic "preview" when read

Currently, the following user setting exists under the topics header:

Automatically unpin topics when you reach the bottom.

Personally, I want pinned topics at the top of my feed whether I have read then or not. As a mod, it is handy to have the important threads in an easy to locate place. However, as the topics are pinned, the first part of the post is displayed. This isn’t a very big deal on the desktop, but on mobile 2 pinned topics (and the header) take up the entire screen. I would like to propose the following user setting:

Automatically hid pinned topics previews when you reach the bottom.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

There was a question (and answer) on how to minimize those on mobile (by editing the stylesheet).

1 Like

If it’s important enough to pin, then it’s important enough to show an excerpt.

If it isn’t important enough to pin, what difference does it make if it is on your screen at all?

I don’t agree with this as it would lead to pointless settings explosion. You may want to make a local override edit to your browser CSS if you want this particular unusual behavior.

1 Like

I would respectfully disagree with your opinion here. For me, most of the time pinned topics are for “regular users” (non-staff). Staff are the ones pinning the topics, and thus are typically already aware of the subject matter.

Is this possible on mobile Chrome?

3 Likes

I support it, on mobile pin more than 1 topic is impossible, it forces to scroll down a lot.
Removing excerpt if read it’s a good idea for me.

5 Likes

Is it possible for the “Excerpt” to only show the first paragraph of the topic? Like category descriptions?

Yes, see this topic:

1 Like