Hiding empty votes via plugin options

Continuing the discussion from Voting plugin — hiding "empty" votes in the topic list?:

Would it be possible to do this via a simple check box from the Voting plugin options UI page?

This is a great tweak which makes the forum more readable / less cluttered but not so easy to implement unless you’re a HTML designer.

1 Like

It doesn’t require any knowledge of HTML. If you’ve never customized the CSS on your site before it’s very simple to do. Check the ‘where do I add my CSS’ section of the below:

And paste in the snippet from the post you linked.

Thanks, yes I did that after learning how CSS works with Discourse and I was able to get it to work.

This is just a suggestion for ease of use. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being writing discourse code and 1 being someone who doesn’t code, using the plugin is like a 1 and understanding and creating CSS customizations is like a 4

Using a plugin option is also likely more portable and less likely for mistakes to happen over time, especially for folks who don’t write code.

2 Likes

To add, it will also avoid errors such as this where the CSS doesn’t always play nice with the UI

Nothing comes for free — and in this case, someone would have to write that plugin code and maintain it over time.