How can I get a report on browsers/user-agents?

Triggered by this post: I know, there is a report on the user-agents of webcrawlers. But is there a similar report about the browsers/user-agents of real users?

If not, I’d suggest this as an improvement. It would be quite interesting to see the relative share of Chrome/Firefox/IE/Safari/… and maybe even different OS/versions. The information should be there already, as this is shown in my profile’s preferences (“Recently Used Devices”).


I was looking for this report today and was surprised it does not already exist. I think it would be a great addition to the admin section.


I use Google Analytics to see report of users browsers and some other info about my users’ behaviour and audience analysis.

Sure, but from a data privacy standpoint I don’t want a third party to collect data about my users.

1 Like

Oh yeah, you’re very correct about that.

On the other hand, they already have your users’ data since your users use one or more of their services. Even using an android device means Google has enough info about you; including the sites you visit and all.

I would be very interested in a User Agents for members and not logged in users too.

Let’s Encrypt are making changes to signing as their current cross-signed root certificate is expiring in September 2022, and certificates they issue from January 2021 will use their own root unless special steps are taken.

Unfortunately from Standing on Our Own Two Feet - Let's Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates :

Some software that hasn’t been updated since 2016 (approximately when our root was accepted to many root programs) still doesn’t trust our [own] root certificate, ISRG Root X1. Most notably, this includes versions of Android prior to 7.1.1. That means those older versions of Android will no longer trust certificates issued by Let’s Encrypt.

Currently, 66.2% of Android devices are running version 7.1 or above. The remaining 33.8% of Android devices will eventually start getting certificate errors when users visit sites that have a Let’s Encrypt certificate.

Therefore it would be super nice to have a dashboard report on user agents for non-web crawlers for purposes such as worrying about the above!