How can I undo a flag?

How did this not get asked before? Lol

I am not sure if this was a feature here before but a while back you were able to undo your flags a short period after you do it. Not sure if it was a plugin on our end but I see no reason for it to be a plugin. I sometimes go to flag a post and accidentally choose the wrong option. Now moderators will not accept the flag because the reason is wrong. Is there still a way to undo it then? Or should I make a feature request??

3 Likes

Hello,
This was a feature but it was removed. I recommend you send a PM to the moderators on the site and explain that you flagged something accidentally.

2 Likes

Will do, I guess. Any reason for it being removed though? Must a plugin be created for our website just to get the feature back?

Feels too niche in my opinion for us to make a plugin just for our website when this is useful for all discourse forums.

3 Likes

If you get a message at the bottom of the post you flagged that is grey and says:

You flagged this as inappropriate

Then it is not a plugin

1 Like

I understand that. What I meant was, would a plugin be needed to re-implement the undoing of flags

2 Likes

I’m also curious, why can’t we undo flags? I flagged something and then changed my mind, but now I can’t undo it.

2 Likes

In admin/site_settings/category/posting, there is a setting (default of 10 minutes) which allows a poster to remove their flag. After the set time, they cannot do it. You can change the time here to allow someone a little extra time.

You can also find this setting in the Dashboard under Settings/Posting.

3 Likes

How do you do it as a user? I tried removing my flag after a minute or so, but the flag menu option had disappeared. So either I wasn’t looking at the right spot, or the site admin disabled the functionality entirely.

2 Likes

You’ll have to ask a mod or an admin about that. They may have indeed set the default to 0, so once you set a flag you can’t remove it. That seems counter intuitive though.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.