How do I replicate the meta banner links?

How can create 4 button: Customize, Guide, Hot topics, Our Hosting

1 Like

In the Search Banner theme component, there are two plugin outlets you can target for custom content in a separate custom component you can build.

3 Likes

What is search_banner.search_button_text
How can i create button same photo?

Thanks! I couldn’t find the option to insert this code under customisation.
Can you guide me please :pray:

I will make a theme component. :+1:

8 Likes

Well, it’s okay, Don. It’s all about learning and sharing. I think it would be a good idea to inform our intention from the start, next time. Thanks for sharing. :+1:

Actually, I’ve been working on it since yesterday[1]. I did something similar, but I haven’t posted it yet. I want to add more customization options, like the ability to choose between emoji, Font Awesome icons, or image URLs, but also CSS per button, conditional rendering, and such. For that, I’ve been exploring and testing the JSON schema format a lot (and it’s quite a headache – on a side note, this PR to improve the styling will be awesome!). I will silently post my version on Github later.

1. image ↩︎

9 Likes

Have you had any success? I’ve had a go building one, but have gotten stuck.

3 Likes

Hi @Arkshine, do you have any updates on this component? It would be amazingly helpful for me as well :innocent:

1 Like

I completely forgot, sorry. :smile:

Unfortunately, the JSON schema format for the settings will soon be deprecated, so what I originally wanted to do will not work anymore (and the customization with it was too tricky, to be honest).

I wanted to post Don’s version but can’t find his repository. :thinking:

I will see what I can do to post a working version as soon as possible. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :pray:t2:

1 Like

@Helga_Razinkova

Can you give it a try? Credit to @Don and @nolo – I took some of their ideas.

It requires a recent Discourse version (3.3) since it relies on the new Objects type for theme setting.

Some images

General settings:

Link settings:

The default look – it uses the theme color.

Button can be styled separately:

Let me know if you need specific settings.
It might need some adjustments for mobile. By default, the buttons wrap and are displayed in one column on mobile. Looking forward to any feedback.

If all is good, I will release it later. :+1:

1 Like