How to Add Google Auto Ads Code in </head>

I wanted to add adsense auto ads code to </head> of my every topic.

I have tried to add the following auto ads code in themes head section

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">
</script> 
<script>
 (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
      google_ad_client: "ca-pub-87837185XXXXXXXX",
      enable_page_level_ads: true
 });
</script>

But no success.

Hi @Vikas_Dangi

1. Go to admin panel, Customize.
  2. Edit the theme.
  3. Then </head> section.
  4. Add that code.
  5. Save.
  6. Enjoy :wink:
3 Likes

Note that you still have to whitelist the external domain for CSP if this is a new install of Discourse, as CSP is mandatory on all new installs. CSP will be mandatory on all installs once 2.3 is released as well.

3 Likes

I have tried it but only the first script of code is showing in the source not the second.

I don’t know how to do this. So please tell me how can I whitelist CSP in my install, to make work this code.my discourse version is 2.3

Try searching for it here.

I mentioned this on another similar post also – wanted to xpost it here to make sure people finding this one in search are also aware.

I was having similar issues, and upon viewing the source of the page served, found that Discourse was stripping out the inline Javascript entirely.

This post mentions it:

but I don’t see a solution there.

1 Like

I don’t either. I haven’t found a solution at the moment.

1 Like

It’s a great solution, but not customizable. Every user on every page of the forum will face the code.

I want it to work like Discourse Advertisement Plugin, where you can choose user groups who can see ads and where. I prefers users below trust level 2 and only on topics where the content is enough to serve ads.

@codinghorror It will be great if this auto ads also added to Discourse Ads Plugin.

I’m not convinced that auto ads can work with Discourse. I can’t find any documentation about this, so maybe it’s possible. If you can point us to documentation about how to implement it with single page apps/infinite scroll, then we can try it.

The ad plugin handles AdSense and Ad Manager by using their APIs to request ads be rendered and updated, but I don’t see how that’s done with Auto Ads.

2 Likes